Copy & paste text
The process of copying text is to store or save texual data for later use; whether to save time from typing a long passage or to remember a complex set of characters (like a tracking number), copying text is a very useful tool.
To copy text:
- Use the mouse to align the mouse cursor on the left side of the first character you want to copy
- Press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse cursor over the text you want to copy. as this is done, the text will highlight as you drag the mouse.
- Let go of the left mouse button when the entirety of your text has been highlighted
- Align the mouse cursor over any part of the highlighted text and right=click the mouse. Left click the mouse cursor on the "Copy" option from the list of options that appears
- (Alternatively, you can press the "CTRL" key and the "c" key on the keyboard at the same time)
To Paste the text you have copied:
- align your mouse cursor in the area of your document or text field you want this data pasted into
- right-click the mouse cursor
- left-click on the "Paste" option from the list that appears
- (Alternatively, you can press the "CTRL" key and the "v" key on the keyboard at the same time)